Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Cold Desert Night"

Somewhere
out in the cold desert night-
A lone Coyote calls out,
breaking the still of the early morning twilight.
My breath visable and stale,

I hold it in for a moment in silence, listening,


before I finally exhale.
His cry unanswered, yet can be heard for miles away,
His sad song of solutude
keeping the unknown at bay.
A sudden chill moves through my bones,
causing me to shiver.
The moon shines bright on the desert floor,
the coyote repeats his cry,
and is answered with a distant howl.
Seems we're not alone anymore.
The cold desert night is full of somber solitude,
and yet, it' s full of nocturnal life.
The chill of the early morning gets to me,
so I say 'good night' to the coyote and
'good morning' to the moon.
Then return to the warmth of my bed,

and to the waiting arms of my wife.


cKs.

No comments:

Post a Comment