Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Just Listen"

These Words, are my attempt
to reach you.
Without all the resentment felt
between the both of us.
The blaming game has been played out,
Satisfaction niether found, nor enjoyed.
Lives changed forever,
Relationships destroyed.

I will keep this short and sweet.
Attention to the next stanza...
I have, and always will... care for you.
My feelings are now driven by self-preservation.
In order for you to grow,
and be the person that you want to be...
You have to let go.
The past is a bitch
at reminding us of all our mistakes,
No need to relive old wounds
Just do what it takes..

The place where you are at
is approaching the rock at the bottom,
Nobody can help you
till you get there.
And you will know...
That this dark, deep hole
you are in...
Has only one way out,
And it won't be an easy climb.

Just Listen...
To the next few words I say,
You can do this
For there is no other way.
You must leave all the crap
behind you,
The needle, the bottle, the pill...
For they will pull you back down
and drown you,
I know you can do this
I know you have the will.

When you have broken free
of all these things that bind you,
I will be here to help hold you
and get you thru the next day...
If only that you will listen
to these words that I say.
Just Listen...

To me now, just this once

To these precious words from above,
And your life will be better than ever before...

You shall earn the respect
you deserve,
And have a life filled up with Love.


cKs.

No comments:

Post a Comment